Mar 17, 2013

St. Patty's Day Jewelry Exchange with Jill Bradley

Looking for the HBBH3 reveal? Here it is :) 


Bead Swap USA has wonderful activities: there are jewelry exchanges, color challenge bead swaps, treats and tea exchanges, and of course, many traveling bead boxes all in movement across the US and beyond bringing beads to joyful jewelry makers loving to swap.

As a new member, I haven't yet had a traveling box arrive, but I have participated in my first jewelry exchange, the St. Patty's Day finished jewelry exchange.

My partner, Jill Bradley, is a talented jewelry designer. I was nervous to create for her! 



Since my spouse is a chef, the salt & pepper shakers are perfect for us, and the green lip balm is luscious. She surprised me with the fun extra green treats! :) 



And the jewelry she created for me is beautiful. The design, colorway, and beads are exquisite. Her presentation is lovely and sophisticated, with a gentle print and chic design. 



The soft green turquoise, brass metal beads & charms, Swarovski crystal bicones, brass color seed beads, and satin patina leaf focal are all exquisite! I LOVE her jewelry ensemble!



The satin leaf focal is stunning, and leaves are my favorite of all jewelry motifs:




For Jill, I created an interchangeable necklace set, with a beadfreaky Celtic ceramic button that I "sewed" onto a copper disc (dapped, punched, and sanded) to form a pendant. 








I added satin copper tubes, Czech glass, and Howlite, making two necklaces that can be worn together or alone using s-links. For the earrings, I used Czech teardrop crystals and  copper Celtic beads. 




 We had a great exchange! Full of luck and fun and Irish charm :) 



Happy St. Patty's Day!


                                                            May good luck be with you Wherever you go ,
                                                 And your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow. 
                                                                                                                      -- An Irish Blessing 











Toltec Jewels is an author by day, jewelry maker by night. Her literary work is housed by the San Fransisco MOMA and is published internationally in popular magazines, literary quarterlies, and university publications. She has won a number of awards for literary and jewelry arts. She is happiest making handcrafted jewelry with her entire family, snuggling with her doggies and grandkids, sewing, singing, reading, and learning jewelry techniques. She is the host of Jewel School Friends, a community of expert and emerging artisans taking inspiration from each other and Jewel School. Join her on Facebook for networking, fundraising for Beads of Courage, jewelry making challenges, contests, give-a-ways and of course, cool beads and jewelry!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, Rita, just gorgeous. I love how the pieces are designed to wear alone or together and sewing the button to a copper piece to make a pendant is a stroke of genius!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for your comments and for visiting! I appreciate every word :)
Namaste --
Rita