Sep 27, 2013

Up and Coming October Blog Hops

Autumn is arriving, and even here in Orlando, the mornings have a chill. October is almost here, and it's time to get out those cozy sweaters. My adorable Chihuahua friend, Pancho, is ready! 





October is a hoppin' month for me and Pancho! I'm participating in 4 blog hops and the Art Jewelry Elements Earring Challenge. 

Autumn Design Challenge
October 2

I am so looking forward to the Autumn Design Challenge on October 2nd with THEa Elements and Bluberribeads! I am very lucky to get participate, and counting my stars each day as I get ready for the blog hop. Here are the gorgeous beads I received. The brass components are by THEa Elements, and the ceramics are by Blueberribeads. My head is swimming with ideas! The art beads are so pretty!





Seed Bead and Metal Blog Hop
October 19

On October 19th, it will be fun with beadweaving and metalwork for the Seed Bead and Metal Blog Hop. Here are the lovely components I received. I started working right away! 







Day of the Dead Hop
October 28

Preparing for Octoberfest, I purchased some very cool Day of the Dead beads from Scotland. When Suburban Girl studio organized a quick Day of the Dead/ Halloween Hop, I jumped in!  I think it is a great idea, and as a Hispanic, I'm oh so happy to celebrate my Mexican and Mexican American culture.



Octoberfest Celebration of Autumn
October 27

And the month ends with a party! Octoberfest on October 27th is the blog hop I'm hosting and it is the second annual! I'm sooo excited and honored to share in the celebration of autumn with artists around the globe. I have so many beautiful beads for the event, and more being custom made right now! It will be a lot of fun to create and share because the blog hop is open, with recipes, jewelry, beads, costumes, and more! I can't wait to see what everyone shares. And on Halloween, I'm giving out treats to the participants. I've already gotten some fun new art bead treats for my design, like these polymer clay beauties from Beady Eyed Bunny.





And wow lampwork by Southern Gals Designs.







Happy Autumn and Happy Hopping!

TJ







Toltec Jewels is an author by day, jewelry maker by night. Her literary work is housed by the San Francisco MOMA and is published internationally in popular magazines, literary quarterlies, and university publications. She has won a number of awards for literary and jewelry arts. She is happiest making handcrafted jewelry with her entire family, snuggling with her doggies and grandkids, sewing, singing, reading, and learning more jewelry techniques. She is the hostess of Jewel School Friends, a diverse community of expert and emerging artisans taking inspiration from each other and jewelry arts. Join her for Beads of Courage jewelry challenges, blog hops, give-a-ways and of course, cool art beads and handcrafted jewelry!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Rita - you are going to be a busy bee in October! Can't wait to see all the beautiful creations you make!

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for your comments and for visiting! I appreciate every word :)
Namaste --
Rita