Apr 25, 2012

Is Anyone Up for a Color Challenge? - Daily Blogs - Beading Daily

Delica seed beads. Copyright GemFairy.
  


In the episode "Art" on Beads Baubles and Jewels, the colors of artwork were used to inspire color-ways for designs.  Beading Daily has found a program that will take any uploaded picture and create a color guide from the colors in the photo. The challenge is to submit a photo (your own to avoid copyright) to the Beading Daily blog by April 27 @12 pm. Three pictures will be chosen and then a jewelry making challenge will be created using the colors in the three pictures. Is Anyone Up for a Color Challenge? - Daily Blogs - Beading Daily





2 comments:

  1. Very cool challenge. I understand color theory but always have a hard time choosing more than a few colors for my pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! Published jewelry designs often have colorways I am simply in awe of: "How did that ever work?" I wonder, "What makes the colors so rich and beautiful?" I ponder. I uploaded a few pictures to the program, and loved seeing entire colorways and the 5 main colors in various saturation. Can't wait to make jewelry this way ...

    ReplyDelete

Gracias for your comments and for visiting! I appreciate every word :)
Namaste --
Rita